Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Best Burger in Seguin Texas?

I think if I were stranded on an island for some time, the first thing I would eat upon being rescued, would be the All American Hamburger.
 Make it a double cheese, or a 1/2 lb either way is fine. The medical  experts says "don't eat them, they're bad for you, you'll get heart disease, but yet most of us continue to devour them, scraping and licking  every last drop. And there's certainly no shortage of burgers available. We wait in line for them, sometimes 30 to 45 minutes or longer. Going thru the drive thru, you've got a 50/50 chance of getting you're burger the way you want and the line is always full, no matter what time of day or night.The Management is definitely a variable on the day of acquisition, noticeable hygiene habits, cleanliness and attitude are contributing factors of a return visit. Cold buns and burgers sitting under a warmer, is always a bummer.There must be an infinite way of preparing a burger, the Whataburger commercial says over 100 or something like that, Jack-In-The Box is making mini sirloin burgers, McDonalds now has a 1/3 lb'er and the fast food burger wars goes on and on. Now that brings us to our little place, Seguin, Tx USA. Who has the best burger in Seguin? In the fast food category, I like a variety of them depending on what I'm in the mood for or how much money I have to spend. In my lifetime, I've probably eaten a Big Mac the most times. Whataburger and the DQ Hungerbuster are good in the Old Fashioned Category. Best burgers for a buck; McDonalds Doublecheese, Whataburger's Just a Burger, and of course the Tues night special, Sonic. I add Hickory sauce and relish to my burger at sonic. In the Independent and Restaurant category, there are still alot of places I haven't tried, but I think Chili's is the only single patty 1/2lb burger. Now for my vote on the best burger in Seguin, is a 2 way tie. The first is a Double Cheese from Kirbys Korner (Old Fashioned style), and the second comes off my grill in the back yard, a smoke and flame infused 1/2lb hand patty of fresh ground chuck, never frozen topped with whatever I'm in the mood for. Honorable mentions; I kinda miss the FlameBroil from BurgerKing and definitely the fresh Feed store burger on N. Austin, who are no longer with us. Happy Eating!

2 comments: